Newlec BG FBS21U2G Nexus Flatplate Screwless Brushed Steel 1 Gang 13A 1 Pole 2x USB-A 2.1A Switched Socket - Grey Insert
British General, originally manufactured for Newlec, now offers discounted stocks with Newlec packaging; same trusted product, just a different label.
Newlec BG Nexus FBS21U2G Brushed Steel Flatplate Screwless 13A Switched 1 Gang Socket + 2 X Usb (2.1A) - Grey Insert
- 13A Rated
- Easy to install supplied with fixing screws and installation instructions
- Free your sockets and charge all your devices - Ideal for mobile phone tablets, MP3's and other USB chargeable devices
- 2.1A USB charging output with charge shared across two outlets. 2 Type A outlets, 2.1A, 5V
- Smart USB - Standby mode when device is fully charged; AutoDetect's the USB device and adjusts charging pattern to suite; protective overload function
- Angled colour coded terminals for easy identification and captive screws to prevent screw loss
- Screwless front plate clips on and off easily and has a sleek flat profile
- Moisture control gasket prevents tarnishing from new plaster
- Minimum mounting box depth 25mm
- Certified to BS 5733 and BS EN 60930
The BG Electrical Nexus Screwless Flat-Plate FBS21U2G is a brushed steel single (1 gang) 13A switched socket with grey inserts and 2 2.1A USB Type A outlets, manufactured by British General Electrical.
An extremely versatile single socket, the FBS21U2G has nearly endless commercial and domestic applications. With an extremely thin plate (under 5mm thick from wall to face), sleek flat profile, rounded edges and stylish brushed steel finish with matching grey inserts, it will suit a huge variety of interior decor.
This single socket is fitted with 2 Type A USB charging outputs rated at 2.1A, that share their charge when both outlets are in use. These sockets come with BG’s Smart USB technology, which sets the ports into standby mode when the device is fully charged, adjusts its charging pattern to suit the device, and has a protective overload function – all of which keeps running costs lower and the consumer safer.
Its Clip On, Clip Off front plate design is secure and easy to use, and the socket itself can also be easily retrofitted into existing backboxes (minimum 25mm depth required). The socket also has colour coded terminals and backed out captive screws to further aid simple installation.
Furthermore, the FBS21U2G is fitted with a moisture-control gasket which enables it to be installed into recently plastered walls without the risk of tarnishing the finish.